- This event has passed.
SWFL Honor Flight
May 2 @ 7:00 PM
cheer their return. Spread the word to everyone, cheerleaders, scouts, school groups, social clubs, & civic clubs!
Bring your American Flag, wear red, white, or blue, make a sign.
A few items to note:
1. We are the guests of Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) and are thankful for our partnership with them. Please show respect to the PGD personnel. Should you have any questions, please come and see an HF Board member.
2. We are expecting a large turnout and advise guests to allow ample travel time and proceed with extra caution for our Welcome Home celebration.
3. Please follow the instructions of those directing the parking in the parking areas. If you need handicapped accessibility parking, please be sure to have your permit displayed so those working in the parking lots easily see it.
4. The baggage claim area at PGD is limited, and while we expect our flight to be the last flight of the evening, please be kind to any travelers (and those there to meet them) that might be on another flight. Make sure to bring a bottle of water, too, while you wait for our arrival.
5. The safety of our Veterans and guardians are imperative, please don’t “jump out” at them and startle them as they take everything in.
6. Please remain in place until the last Veteran has made his/her way down out and through. Some of our Veterans take some time when they deplane and then use the restroom. We want EVERY Veteran to feel your love and respect for all he/she has done for us.
7. THANK YOU for coming and joining us!