Hurricane season is rapidly approaching – if a named storm approaches our area are you prepared and do you know how to protect your boat?
Peace River Sail and Power Squadron will be offering a free seminar on Hurricane and Boats on Saturday, May 23, 2015 from 2pm to 4pm in the Punta Gorda Boat Club Building, 802 West Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda.
In this short seminar, you’ll learn how to select a location from which to weather the storm and prepare your boat for a hurricane. Other topics to be covered include:
• Checking vessels and gear
• Reviewing your marina/dockmaster contracts
• Prepare a storm plan
• Local hurricane mooring restrictions
• Lessons learned from storms
• Hurricane anchoring
• Post-hurricane efforts of US Coast Guard and law enforcement
For more information and to register, Call (941) 637-0766, leave message by May 19th